1. We have four weeks and three days until summer.
2. It was cooler today. There is something just not right about temps. in the 90s in April.
3. I am almost finished with the blanket bunny I am crocheting for the newest baby in the family, Hunter Cade.
4. I found "fun fur" crochet yarn on clearance at Wal-mart for a dollar a ball--I paid nearly $5. last time I bought some to dress up flipflops for the granddaughters.
5. Someone has asked me for advice, and I don't quite feel that I know what to say.....wow, me speechless? Nah, can't be true. I'll have to think of *something*.
6. Next week is the 3rd week of the 6 weeks, so I need to get my e-gradebook set up for the last reporting period.
7. Wick is making chicken nuggets for supper.
8. I've been discovering new blogs, by clicking on blogs listed by people whose blogs I already read. What a variety of styles and subjects and personalities!
9. One of the tunes played at Aidan's violin guild Sunday is still stuck in my head. What do people say now that we no longer play records, and the expression "like a broken record" doesn't really mean anything to a generation who only knows CDs and music downloads?
10. As Katie has been playing with her "English" accent, and using bits of vocabulary from Pride & Prejudice, I am hearing expressions my grandmother used to say. For example, she would say, "I'm fixing to go to the store directly, if you want to go." The "fixin to" part is very southern, of course, but "directly" meaning immediately or very soon is so English. Wonder how many other expressions we think of as southern or American idioms are really a vestige of our English heritage?
No real point to all this, just meandering and thinking--I started to say thinking out loud, but actually it's on blog ;)