This is my first attempt at Thursday 13, so bear with me. I'm not sure I can come up with 13 things.
1. TAKS week, TAKS testing, standardized testing in general--I could do a *lengthy* blog on this issue.
2. end of the six weeks, averaging grades, messaging parents--another lengthy blog topic.
3. Rain! Blessed rain!! rain to grow the grass, rain to refill our lake, rain to freshen the wildflowers!!!
4. The metal "crane" I got Wick for his birthday actually lights up at night, just like the picture shows in the catalog, and looks great standing next to the end of the dock.
5. A former student introduced me to his friend as "the most awesome teacher ever."
6. Chicken salad in the school cafeteria, one of the best things they have *ever* served.
7. Blue jeans Friday--yayyyyy!!
8. The new capris and tops I ordered fit beautifully, and look even better than in the catalog (remember, I hate to shop in person).
9. Frankie ate all his kibble on the tile tonight, instead of hiding bits of it under the furniture and under the bath mats.
10. Spending the weekend at Jeana's.
11. Seeing Aidan at his violin guild awards this Sunday afternoon.
12. Shopping for granddaughter Sydney's "True Love Waits" ring, which she requested for her 14th birthday in two weeks.
13. It is still raining! I love rainy nights.